With the next two months being the busiest shopping months of the year, identity theft is a cause for concern. Don’t let identity theft ruin your holiday, causing unwanted stress and worry. Keep these tips in mind while holiday shopping:
- Be aware of what’s going on around you as 43% of identity theft cases involve a lost or stolen wallet, computer or phone.
- Limit the amount of times you use your debit card for holiday purchases. Try to use cash or credit cards to make purchases.
- Try to shop in a physical store rather than online when possible. It is easier for hackers to get your information from online purchases.
- Guard your information if you are shopping online with firewalls, antivirus software and anti-spyware.
- Shred all information with your name and address on it before throwing it away.
To alleviate some of the stress and financial burden associated with a stolen identity, consider purchasing personal identity theft insurance. To learn more about this coverage, contact a trusted AssuredPartners NL agent at (844) 507-2528.Share This: