August marks the exciting time of the year when students head back to school to start classes and meet new friends. Unfortunately it’s also a popular time for electronics theft and damage, especially for college students. As the school year begins, here are some reminders on how to protect your electronic devices:
- Never leave your electronic devices alone. It sounds simple, but, for example, many college students leave their backpacks at their table in the library when they go to the restroom only to come back to none of their belongings resulting in thousands of dollars lost.
- Protect your devices from water damage by storing them off the ground and in waterproof bags when transporting.
- Create different passwords for your electronic devices, and make them complex and lengthy. Using “!” for “i” and “3” for “E” will make it harder for someone to hack your account. Always keep a passcode on your phone, as well.
- Install firewalls and anti-virus software.
- Backup your data regularly to prevent data loss.
Another way to protect electronic devices is on your personal insurance policy. To find out if your policy covers electronics and to learn more tips to protect your devices, contact a trusted AssuredPartners NL agent at (888) 702-0901.Share This: