The craft beer industry is booming and getting bigger each year with no signs of slowing down. Whether this is a hobby or a business, it’s important to make sure that your equipment is insured and that you are protected from potential business setbacks such as:
- Your boiler or machinery breaks down or there is an accidental explosion
- Tank collapse or leaks due to an accidental implosion
- Product contamination which can force a product recall or cause food-borne illness to consumers
- Employee theft, forgery, alteration, theft of money or computer fraud
- Spoiled inventory due to a temperature change or unforeseen power outages
- You or your employees are caught serving beer to an underage patron or a patron is in a car accident after drinking at your brewery
Craft brew masters and entrepreneurs have unique needs to adequately protect their business and its equipment. If you own a brewery or if making beer is just a hobby, there are several property and liability coverages that you should consider to protect your brewery from these commons exposures. For breweries with tasting rooms, restaurants, special events and lodging, additional lines of coverage are available.
At AssuredPartners NL, we have experience managing the risk of breweries and their equipment. Make sure you have the coverage you need to protect your investment by contacting us or visiting AssuredPartners NL Property & Casualty.
Source: Insurance JournalShare This: