Every industry faces its own set of unique struggles and despite the recent economic improvement, the construction industry still has its challenges. In a three-part blog series, we will discuss some of those challenges and provide tips to help address them.
One issue we are currently experiencing is recruiting qualified, skilled workers. Employees are one of a company’s most valuable resources and a significant contributor to its success. It is imperative to have the right people in the right positions to grow a business. To help address the challenge of attracting talent in the construction industry, we’ve put together some tips:
- Start recruiting early by reaching out to middle and high school students through career fairs, scholarships, apprenticeships and other educational forums
- Evaluate your recruiters to ensure they are the best representative for your company to attract the right level of talent needed
- Use technology including social media platforms such as LinkedIn and Facebook to not only recruit but also to promote your business
- Create an engaging, collaborative culture that appeals to the younger generation of job seekers
- Ask your trusted employees and colleagues for referrals
- Consider a referral incentive program for your current employees
These are just a few steps you can take to improve your recruiting efforts and continue growing your construction business. In our next blogs on construction industry challenges, we’ll discuss how to retain talent and develop leaders. To learn more about AssuredPartners NL’s construction team and services that will help you protect and grow your company, visit AssuredPartners NL Construction.
Source: Construction Financial Managers AssociationShare This: