With the Fourth of July approaching, many will celebrate our country’s independence by shooting off fireworks and lighting sparklers. Although a wonderful sight to see, fireworks can be extremely dangerous without proper use and care.
If you are opting out of a fireworks show and planning on using legal fireworks on your own, it is important to take the necessary safety precautions to ensure that you do not start a fire or cause any injuries. Follow these tips to keep you and your family safe when handling fireworks:
- Have a hose or water bucket handy in case of an emergency
- Make sure that spectators are a safe distance from the fireworks
- Never allow a child ignite, play with or use fireworks
- Show children how to correctly hold sparklers and how to stay far enough away from other children
- Never attempt to relight a firework that did not properly ignite
- Soak all fireworks debris in water before throwing them away
- Do not carry fireworks in your pocket or shoot them from metal or glass containers
- Never shoot off fireworks under the influence of alcohol
At AssuredPartners NL, we want you to have fun but to also be safe. Many people do not realize how dangerous fireworks can be if handled improperly, but following these simple tips can reduce the risk of injury. Personal insurance policies can protect your family and home from the risks associated with entertaining. To learn more about your coverage, contact a trusted AssuredPartners NL agent at (844) 507-2528.
Sources: Zywave, The U.S. Consumer Product Safety CommissionShare This: