Did you know that dark chocolate has numerous health benefits? A 2009 study found that people who ate 40 grams of dark chocolate every day for two weeks saw decreases in levels of cortisol in their systems, have 10% lower levels of anxiety and considered themselves 10% calmer. A few health benefits of dark chocolate include a decreased stroke risk, mood stabilization, stress relief and increased blood circulation to the brain. Try out this easy and healthy dark chocolate fruit and nut sticks recipe:
- 1- 3 ½ ounce package, individually wrapped 60-calorie rich dark chocolate sticks (9 sticks)
- 4 ½ teaspoons creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons snipped dried cranberries or golden raisins
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped nuts, such as peanuts, toasted pecans, macadamia nuts or toasted hazelnuts
- Holding each chocolate stick with a paper towel spread ½ teaspoon of peanut butter on half or more of the stick.
- Roll coated stick in dried fruit and nuts.
Makes 9 servings
Sources: Rodale’s Organic Life, Better Home and GardensShare This: