March is National Peanut Month. Due to their rich health benefits, peanuts are a great snack, packed with protein and fiber. Eating 1 ½ ounces of peanuts each day may reduce your risk of heart disease but if you are not a plain peanut person try adding them to trail mix, salads, oatmeal or this get up and go peanut crunch bar recipe:
- 2 cups GoLean Cereal (or other high fiber cereal)
- 4 oz peanuts, dry roasted with salt
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup dried blueberries
- 1/3 cup honey, strained or extracted
- ¼ cup peanut butter, smooth
- 1 tbsp brown sugar, packed
- Prepare an 8” square dish by lightly spraying with non-stick spray or lining with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix cereal with peanuts, cranberries and blueberries and set aside.
- Stir together honey, peanut butter, and brown sugar in a microwave safe bowl, heat in 30 second increments, stirring in between until the mixture is combined and pourable.
- All at once, add honey and peanut butter mixture to dry ingredients, stirring quickly to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan pressing into the pan with a silicone or lightly oiled spatula, and let cool completely.
- Once bars are cool, turn over on a cutting board and cut into 12 equal sized bars.
Source: National Peanut BoardShare This: