April 5 is the American Heart Association’s National Walking Day. Walking reduces your risk of having a heart attack, developing high blood pressure, developing Type 2 diabetes, stress, depression and anxiety. Just 30 minutes of walking a day can make you healthier and more energetic.
Celebrate this activity-boosting initiative at your workplace by encouraging your employees to get out, walk around and enjoy the spring weather. Here are a few ways you can motivate your employees to get walking:
- Allow employees to have walking meetings.
- Hold a large group walk for 30 minutes.
- Go on a walk at lunch time or instead of driving, walk to a restaurant.
- Offer pedometers to track steps. You can even make it a competition and offer a prize to whoever has the most steps at the end of the day.
- Utilize the American Heart Association’s National Walking Day Toolkit
Even if your employees are busy, urge them to take a lap around the building between projects and meetings.
Looking for fitness tracking devices for your employees? Contact an AssuredPartners NL Director of Health and Productivity to get a recommendation on the right device for your needs and price point.
Source: American Heart AssociationShare This: