Over 75 percent of Americans consider their jobs stressful. Although it may not be possible to completely eliminate job stress, you can learn to manage it effectively. While dealing with stress is a normal part of everyday life, there are times when you may experience an unhealthy amount of stress on the job.
The good news is that it’s possible to manage job stress by becoming aware of what increases or decreases your stress levels. The following are six methods to help you manage your stress at work:
- Plan and prioritize: make a list to prioritize your work and set realistic deadlines.
- Focus on what you can control: You know what your job tasks are; break tasks up into doable steps.
- Slow down: think things through before you act, and begin with a result in mind.
- Limit interruptions: only take calls that are a priority when you’re on a tight deadline.
- Use all of your resources: If things don’t go exactly as planned, do not solely rely on yourself. Ask for help when you need it.
- Take a break: to release stress, make time to take a short break. Taking a walk or discussing your work situation with another person may help you gain fresh perspective.
Many employers, including AssuredPartners NL, offer workplace wellness programs. Take advantage of these to encourage your employees to manage stress, stay healthy and improve productivity. For more information on implementing a corporate wellness program, contact an AssuredPartners NL Health & Productivity Manager.
Source: ZywaveShare This: