Over the next month, we’ll post a series of blogs to help you reduce the probability of having to file a storm-related claim. Part one of the series provides tips on how you can prepare your home now, to avoid a bigger mess later:
- Check your roof and siding and repair damage such as cracks or loose panels.
- Use bark or other soft, light material as mulch for landscaping, as rocks and gravel can cause damage to your home when there are high winds.
- Maintain trees and shrubbery. If any trees are dead or leaning, get a quote for tree removal.
- Unclog your gutters and make sure that they are securely attached to your home. Debris in the gutters can cause water backup which can lead to flooding.
- Secure outdoor furniture and supplies. If you have outdoor furniture, a trampoline, soccer posts, etc., make sure they are secured to the ground or put away before a storm hits.
In our next blog of this series, we’ll discuss creating an emergency kit and plan. By taking a few preventative measures, you can save yourself from larger expenses after a major storm. For additional preparation tips including ensuring you have adequate insurance coverage, contact a trusted AssuredPartners NL agent at (844) 507-2528.
Source: U.S. NewsShare This: