Surveyors will begin annual door inspections beginning the first week of July. Proactively preparing for an inspection can save you from filling out mounds of paperwork due to a less than satisfactory report from an inspector. You should become familiar with the requirements of conducting an inspection and maintaining appropriate documentation.
Life Safety Codes updates have some new requirements that you and your maintenance team need to be aware of. To avoid a survey citation due to a door deficiency:
- Educate your employees on the compliance and fire safety guidelines for all doors.
- Requirements apply to new and existing doors
- Inspections should occur annually and include things such as:
- Door operation
- Including proper latching and closure
- Fire rating labels
- Have staff maintain a signed record of completed inspections
Having an action plan in place and solution for a potential citation can save you time and money. Many survey citations can be avoided and remedied before it is too late. For more information on survey preparation, contact an AssuredPartners NL Senior Living agent.
Sources: NFPA, McKnight’sShare This: