If you’re a senior living owner or operator in Ohio there is a special Safety Intervention Grant Program that can help you purchase equipment to improve workplace safety. This program, administered through the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation provides financial assistance to help meet and achieve your organization’s safety goals. According to the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation, this program was developed to help Ohio’s employers reduce the frequency and severity of workplace injuries and illnesses. Industry trends identify strains and sprains as a continued leader of workers’ compensation claims. Senior living facilities could use this grant to purchase resident lifts which can assist in reducing strains and sprains for employees as well as protecting residents during transfers.
To be eligible to apply for the grant, organizations must:
- Be a state-fund or public taxing district employer
- Maintain active coverage
- Be current on all monies owed to BWC
- Demonstrate the need for a safety intervention
- Provide two year baseline data as requested in the application
- Have active BWC coverage with past payroll reports for the purpose of defining employer eligibility cycle.
The application process consists of:
- Gather information for the application
- Schedule a BWC safety consultant visit
- Complete application
- Grant application reviewed
- Grant approved
- Funds distributed
- Safety intervention purchased and installed
- Submit proof of spending
- Provide quarterly reports
- Submit a one year case study
To learn more about the safety intervention grant, visit www.bwc.ohio.gov and click on the Safety Services. If you’re interested in learning more about ways to protect your senior living facility, our senior living team can help. To learn more and contact an agent, click here: AssuredPartners NL Senior Living.