As the weather begins to warm up, more and more boat owners will spend sunny days out on the water. Although we hope for good weather, during the spring and summer months, the weather is known to change drastically. Rough weather can cause damage to your boat and the possessions stored on deck. If severe weather is in the forecast, it is best to take precautions with your boat if time allows. Follow these tips before a storm to help keep your vessel damage-free:
- Tie impact-absorbing materials such as tires to the sides and sharp points of your boat
- Drop anchors to keep the boat steady
- Detach or cover your windscreens
- Secure the hatches and portholes
- Remove objects that are not permanently attached to prevent them from projecting off or inside the boat
Although minor cosmetic damage may still occur, taking precautionary steps to prep your boat can help prevent major, structural damage. If structural damage does occur, your boat insurance can help cover the damages. To learn more about boat safety and the right insurance policy for your vessel, contact a trusted AssuredPartners NL agent at (844) 507-2528.
Source: NOAAShare This: